Thursday, July 22, 2010

August 7, 2010: Celebrating the Gullah Tradition in Mixed Media Doll Making


Through the art of doll making, I will embark on a spiritual journey, leading me back to a heritage that is a wonderful fusion of African traditions and Southern American history.

As an artist, speaker, and through workshops, I will celebrate the folklore, language, and art of Gullah people. I invite you to be inspired by this unique culture and the beautiful stories it has to tell... ...I will combine the history of doll making from the Gullah perspective with a demonstration of mixed media doll making techniques. Participants will learn the art of doll making and create their own doll.

Where?: Smithsonian Anacostia Museum
1901 Fort Place, SE
Washington, DC


When?: Saturday, August 7, 2010

What time?: 11:00am - 3:00pm

For more information and to sign up contact the Anacostia Museum

No comments: