Friday, January 2, 2009

My Photographer and Friend Harlee Little



My friend and photographer Harlee Little has transitioned as of January 1, 2009. Harlee will be remembered as a fine photographer as well as an arts advocate in the African American community in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. He was a proud member of the Black Artists of DC.

Harlee has been one of my favorite photographers and has been responsible for the work seen in my portfolio on my Sankofa Studio website.

Harlee and I got to know each other in 2008 when I began my journey publishing the work I have done with my dolls. We first met at ARTOMATIC last spring. He has worked with so many fine artists and so I decided to hire him to photograph several of my dolls.

He and I got to be pretty good friends and colleagues. He was always available when I needed him and was very light and friendly. I loved the way he would present my dolls. I recall after our first photography session that he said, "it has been a pleasure meeting your dolls." This drew a smile on my face as well as his recognition of my dolls as personalities.

Again, Harlee the time that we knew each other was somewhat brief, however you have impacted my life in small tangible ways that I could never describe. May you rest in peace my friend.

Namaste/Ashe'

No comments: