Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sights and Sounds of the Vivant Collection Reception of the National Black Women's Art Festival, Philadelphia, PA, Friday, July 31, 2009


















At first there was a huge storm that dowsed the City of Brotherly Love late Friday afternoon and as I looked out my hotel window, I pondered as to how I was going to get to Vivant Collection to attend the reception. Then like magic the rain subsided and sunshine crepted through the clouds.

I truly enjoyed the reception with fantastic poetry by Nina 'Lyrispect' Ball and Nikki Powerhouse and the fantastic world music of Cocosol. I also gave a small artist talk about my artwork as well as my sister's Sharon J. Burton .

I met some wonderful artists there in the Philadelphia area including one of the artist's in the show Cheryl Durgans.

There was a lot of excitement in the air and the work showed very well. Thanks to Florcy for making the reception a success!

No comments: