Sunday, March 14, 2010

Create Everyday: Transformational Doll In Progress



Hi just fooling around in the studio today. Earlier in the year I took Pamela Hastings Transformational Doll Making Class. I am sad to say that I just started trying the exercises since I was too busy with my design business to do so earlier this year. One of them was the pattern for the doll you see here. I call her Evolving. I just read a post from Erykah Badu one of my beloved singers, today on Twitter which she simply states this word.

I took the word and I am in the process of creating this transformational doll to illustrate the evolution of life, changes that each of us are going through or have gone through, as mothers, lovers, friends and daughters.

I am planning on embellishing more on this and make it a personal doll for me, not for sale.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Beautiful and Great Post. I been wanting to make a mix media doll for sometime now. I love the pieces that you have made
Peace and Blessings
Cheryl..Snatch JOY~!