Sunday, December 26, 2010

Inducted on PeaceXPeace Board of Directors!


Hello All! I know it has been a while since I blogged. However, I just wanted you to know that I have been recently inducted as the newest member into the Board of Peace x Peace. The mission of Peace x Peace, a Washington, DC based, non –profit organization, is to advocate for effective ,sustained policies and programs that support the advancement of women. The organization “Acts as the connection point, which facilitates dialogue and exchange between women in the Arab and Muslim countries and the Western world. It helps reduce misunderstandings and stereotypes”. Created in 2002 by Patricia Smith Melton and six other woman rights advocates, Peace x Peace was established to help bring harmony to women internationally through social networking and other forms of media.

As the newest board member, I will contribute my leadership expertise, help generate new fundraising activities, and use her marketing acumen to bring increased awareness and donations to the organization. My interest in international affairs was generated through my experience working under President Bill Clinton’s women and girls focused Africa education initiative.

Through this organization, I plan to contribute my artwork and build my dollmaking around peace for women all over the world. I hope you join me in this endeavor!


For more information about Peace x Peace, go to www.peacexpeace.org.

No comments: